Navigating your Rhino Portal
Your Rhino portal is the hub where all of your policy, renter, and property information is organized.
Log in to portal at portal.sayrhino.com.
You can use your portal to:
- Search for all of your policies and properties
- Update policy and property information
- Get alerts for policies that need your attention
- Send invitations to applicants to enroll for coverage
- Check the status of enrollment
- File claims
The Dashboard tab is your home base in portal. It’s where you can:
- Make updates to policies that need your attention
- See the latest activity across all of your properties
- Find a live summary of your policy data
Any policies that require your attention will be marked on your dashboard in the Action item section.
How to complete an Action Item:
- Click on a policy in the Action Item section. This will open a detailed summary of the policy on the right-hand side.
- Review the request or missing information previewed at the top of the summary.
The Policies tab is where you can view policies at any of your associated properties.
From this tab you can:
- Confirm and edit a renter’s policy
- Review a renter’s policy documentation like a Rental Bond Declaration, etc.
- Active: A policy without any missing information that’s actively providing coverage for a unit.
- Pending: A policy that’s missing a unit number. A unit number must be added to activate a policy.
- Upcoming: A renewal policy with a future coverage start date. (Auto-renewal begins 15 days before the policy end date or by the renter up to 120 days before the coverage end date.)
- Expired: A policy that’s no longer in effect because the coverage end date has passed.
- Cancelled: A policy that is no longer in effect because it was not required for the unit.
How to edit a policy:
Note: You can also find and edit policies that need your attention from the Dashboard tab.
- Go to your Policies tab.
- Filter policies by email address, name, or policy number of the renter.
- Click Edit.
- Correct the incorrect information using the drop-down menus.
- Double-check the information and click Submit.
The renter will receive an email and notification on their account page asking them to accept the changes.
Rhino policies can only be adjusted for 14 days after the renter’s enrollment is completed.
The Claims tab is where your team can file claims on policies and check the status of existing claims.
- New: A claim that has recently been submitted.
- Processing: A claim that is being reviewed by the Rhino claims team.
- Accepted: A claim that Rhino has approved to pay, pending partner payment confirmation.
- Denied: A claim which the Rhino policy is unable to fulfill.
- Paid: A claim that Rhino has completed payment on.
- Withdrawn: A claim that the property has chosen to remove from the renter’s policy.
How to file a claim:
- Go to your Claims tab.
- Click Start Claim on the top right.
- Complete the requested information.
- Click Submit Claim to confirm or Withdraw Claim to end.
Note: If both loss of rent and excessive wear and tear occurred, file two separate claims.
To speed up the claims review process, be sure to attach the following:
- The complete renter ledger
- Lease documents
- Any relevant photos
- Any additional relevant documents that support the amount claimed
- Anything that you would retain on your books (similar to a move-out report)
When a claim is filed, you and the renter will receive an email confirming the claim has been filed. On average, claims are processed in about 4 days.
In the Properties tab you can find and filter information for all of your properties.
You can filter information by:
- Building Name
- Zip Code
How to add a user:
Adding a user to a property allows that person to receive email notifications for renter sign-ups, and view completed policies at an associated address.
- Select the properties you’d like to add a user
- Select the email addresses for the users you’d like to add
In the Invitations tab you can send an invitation to applicants at your associated properties and review or edit the invitations you’ve already sent.
- Sent: The renter has received the invitation, but has not started enrolling.
- Subscribed: The renter has opened the invitation and completed enrollment.
- In-progress: The renter has opened the invitation and begun enrolling.
Before you send an invitation:
- Make sure you have the following information:
- Renter’s email address
- Renter’s new address
- Make sure the following information is correct:
- Lease Dates
- Monthly Rent
- Required Coverage Amount
How to send an invitation:
- Go to your Invitation tab.
- Click Send Invitation.
- Input the renter’s email address, rental address, and unit number.
- Input the details for the lease (lease dates, monthly rent, required coverage).
- Double-check the information and click Send invitation.
The renter will receive an email and notification to their account page to enroll for coverage.
How to edit an invitation:
Invitations can be edited until the applicant completes enrollment.
- Go to your Invitation tab.
- Search the email address of the applicant.
- Select Edit.
- Update any necessary information.
- Double-check the information and click Update.
Note: When you edit an invitation make sure to remind the renter to review the changes in their Rhino account.
The renter will be notified of changes before their payment is confirmed.