Your property manager may require that you provide proof of renters insurance from Rhino. To fulfill the requirement, you can purchase renters insurance when you enroll with Rhino or add renters insurance to an existing security deposit insurance policy.
How do I tell if my property owner requires Renters Insurance?
You can ask your property manager for more details about their renters insurance requirements. (If your property manager has partnered with Rhino for their renters insurance requirements, we'll let you know that renters insurance is required when you are enrolling.)
How to add on required Renters Insurance at enrollment:
- Enroll with Rhino through our homepage or an email invitation from your property manager.
- Get your personalized quotes for renters insurance and security deposit insurance by answering a couple of questions.
- If your property manager requires renters insurance, you will see a “Lease Requirement” tag in red lettering above “Need renters insurance?”
- You also may have the option to self-report. If asked if your property manager requires renters insurance, please answer the question yes or no.
- Add both security deposit insurance and renters insurance to check out.
How to add required Renters Insurance to an existing security deposit insurance policy:
- Visit your Renter Dashboard and click "See pricing" under "Get renters insurance", or navigate to the My Policies tab and click “Get covered now" under “Need renters insurance?”
- If your property manager requires renters insurance, you will see a “Lease Requirement” tag
- After clicking “Get covered now”, you will receive a personalized quote on your renters insurance policy.
Rhino New York, LLC (Rhino Insurance Agency in CA)(Rhino) is a licensed insurance agency, acting as an agent in connection with the advertised products, which are provided by Cover Genius Insurance Services, LLC, and underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company or Markel Insurance Company. Coverage is subject to actual terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policy.