If you pay in full for your renters insurance, the entire cost of the policy will be drawn from your card upon add-on. There will be no recurring charges.
If you are on a monthly payment schedule* for a renters insurance policy from Rhino, you will be charged for your first month immediately when you complete enrollment with Rhino or add renters insurance to your existing policy. You will then be charged automatically 25 days from the original policy purchase date on the card used to complete enrollment. This will be the date you will be charged every month thereafter.
For example, if you purchase renters insurance on March 13, the first charge will happen immediately. The recurring auto-charge will be initiated on the 7th of each following month. If any payment issues come up, the renter will have between the charge date (the 7th), and the purchase date (the 13th) to resolve it. If payment is not resolved by the purchase date, the policy will expire.
If you add renters insurance at enrollment:
- Add renters insurance at check-out to purchase both security deposit insurance and renters insurance.
- If you are on a monthly payment schedule* for security deposit insurance, then your card on file will automatically be charged monthly for renters insurance.
- If you are paying for your security deposit insurance in full, then you will be automatically charged in full for renters insurance.
If you add renters insurance to your existing Rhino security deposit insurance policy:
- Visit your Renter Dashboard and click “Get covered Now” under “Need renters insurance?”
- Get your personalized quote by answering a couple of questions.
- You will either pay in full or be charged monthly, depending on how you paid/are paying for your security deposit insurance*.
If you are on a monthly payment schedule for your renters insurance policy, the monthly rate includes a $1 fee.