Renters have the option to add an interested party to their active renters insurance policy. An interested party is in most cases the landlord or property manager, who may require proof of the existing renters insurance policy. Your landlord/property manager might request to be added as an "interested party.” By adding the interested party to the existing policy, you are able to quickly notify your landlord that you have a renters insurance policy through Rhino, and keep them updated on any changes to the renters insurance policy.
How to add an interested party to a Rhino renters insurance policy:
It’s quick and simple to add an interested party on your renters insurance policy by following these steps:
- Visit your Renter Dashboard and click on “Menu” under “Renters Insurance”
- In the dropdown menu, select “Add interested party/landlord”
- Enter the property manager details including name, email, and phone number. If you don’t know this information, ask your property manager to supply you with the details.
- Click “Add Interested Party” to successfully add an interested party/landlord to your existing renters insurance policy.
- Both you and your landlord will receive an email confirmation, along with updated policy documents.
You’re all set.
In most cases, the interested party field will appear on your Summary of Coverage document immediately. However, in rare cases it can take up to three days to appear.
If you don’t see the interested party listed on your Summary of Coverage document please navigate to your Covergenius Renter Dashboard > Certificate/Invoice to find an updated copy available for PDF download or screenshot.
Rhino New York, LLC (Rhino Insurance Agency in CA)(Rhino) is a licensed insurance agency, acting as an agent in connection with the advertised products, which are provided by Cover Genius Insurance Services, LLC, and underwritten by Markel American Insurance Company or Markel Insurance Company. Coverage is subject to actual terms, conditions, and exclusions of the policy.